Classes that you teach: Pressed Barre on Mondays at 7 pm, Fridays at 5:30 am & Saturdays at 7:30 am
How do you strike a balance between your personal practice and teaching?
- Before I teach class, I plan out the workout and do it myself! Outside of teaching, I host private lessons for dancers and I also make them do the same exercises I do in class!
What advice would you give to someone who is just starting out on their barre journey?
- Consistency and nutrition is everything. If you are consistently coming to class, pushing yourself, and fueling your body with the right nutrients you will see and feel the results!
What is your favorite barre move and why? And what’s your least favorite barre move and why?
- My favorite barre pose is arabesque because it is a BOOTY BURNER!
- My least favorite pose is holding second position (it hurts but its good for you)
What’s your favorite barre quote or mantra?
- “A little progress each day adds up to big results.”
What made you want to teach barre?
- I was a dancer for the past 17 years and barre is very similar to ballet! I loved ballet growing up and barre was a perfect fit.
How would you describe your classes/teaching style?
- High energy and fast-paced
What is one piece of advice you always give your students?
- Strive to be a better version of yourself every time you walk into class. Stay consistent, push yourself, fuel your body with whole, nutritious food, and surround yourself with people who have similar goals!
What do you want students to take away from your classes?
- Focus on where you want to be, not where you were or where you are right now. There’s always room for more improvement.
How does barre connect with your life off the mat?
- Barre helps me strengthen the dancers I train! Barre focuses on slow-twitch, type II muscle fibers which help them with muscle endurance
What is your advice to beginners?
- Take baby steps and ask questions! The more questions the better.
What do you like to do when you’re not at Pressed?
- Outside of Pressed I coach Benilde St. Margaret’s Dance Team and I go to school at Bethel University. I also teach private dance lessons for kids ages 8-18 and host open classes for these dancers at Fitaholic Fitness.